Monday, October 13, 2014

A Night at the Theatre and a Kickstarter

Hello to all TMtV readers. I have been approached by a couple of folks about an event and a kickstarter and I wanted to share them with you.

First of all, good friend of the blog Margaret let me know about a silent theatre company’s version of Nosferatu that is being performed at Prop Thtr, which is at 3502 N Elston Ave in Chicago. The play runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 19th October to the 23rd November. Tickets can be bought here.

Honestly this sounds absolutely fabulous and if I wasn’t an Ocean away I’d be there. So if you are in the Chicago region why not give it a go and let us know what you thought in the comments.

I was also contacted by Chris Denmead who has a kickstarter running for his new version of Dracula – the kickstarter page is here.

Chris has decided to remake the story in a modern setting, though he is using black and white rather than colour. However the really interesting aspect of the remake is the fact that he is gender swapping all the characters. So, Dracula is now female as is Harker and Renfield. The brides, on the other hand, will be male.

Will this work? Chris has made a no-budget short, Dracula’s Guest, to showcase the idea and I’ve embedded the video of it below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Andy! I'll let you know how the show turns out.

Taliesin_ttlg said...

no worries